Bio: Greg Acuna – has an unusual combination of creative and business experience writing, directing and producing media projects, managing complex ventures for major companies and as an innovative serial entrepreneur. He has a degree in political science from University of Southern California and a Masters degree in playwriting from San Francisco State University. He has written/directed one feature film, co-written two other produced features, been a script doctor on several projects, directed an animation/live-action TV pilot as well as theatre plays.
Other accomplishments include several independent productions of his plays, poetry published in four countries, composing songs, directing music videos and writing two novels. He has taught screenwriting at the university level, written articles for animation magazines and judged film festivals including “Chitrakatha” at India’s prestigious National Institute of Design.
He has also been a consultant for Paramount Pictures, Exchange Cubed, Arthur Anderson, CNA and others. In business he specializes in assisting companies with strategy including putting difficult IT projects back on track. In the past few years he has concentrated on writing and homeschooling/unschooling his 12 year old daughter studying and exploring alternative forms of learning. He’s currently working on “Planet Earthlings” an educational gaming platform to empower children to change the world.
- San Francisco State University, January 1984 to May 1985
- Graduate, Master of Arts Degree in English/Creative Writing/Playwriting
- University of Southern California, September 1979 to May 1983
- Graduate, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science
- Sylmar High School, Sylmar, CA, Graduate with honors, June 1979
- CEO, Planet Earthlings Infotech, Ahmedabad, India, January 2016 – Present
- Writing and Developing “Planet Earthlings” educational gaming platform.
- CEO, Pala Flicks, Goa, India, August 2013 – December 2015
- Writer, Director and Producer.
- Chief Strategy Officer, PowerStores, Goa, India, May – July 2013
- Consulted on expanding eCommerce platform.
- CEO, Pala Flicks, Goa, India, July 2006 – May 2013
- Developed “Earthlings” TV pilot.
- Project Manager, Paramount Pictures, Los Angeles, January 2006 – May 2006
- Consulted on IT Strategy and Data Warehousing projects.
- Consultant, PIPC, UK/US, August 2007 – February 2008
- Consulted on various projects including possible India expansion.
- CEO, Metta Productions, Goa, India – November 2002 – December 2005
- Various writing and media projects.
- Program Development, Lansing Community College, Lansing, Michigan 2001-2002
- Developed first screenwriting program at college.
- Project Manager – Exchange Cubed – 1999-2000
- Managed financial market startup through initial stages.
Filmography / Theater Productions:
- Earthlings, (Animation/Live-Action TV Pilot), Writer/Director, 2006 to 2009
- Sister Sonali, (Music Videos), Director, 2004-5
- Romeo & Juliet, (Drama), Director, 2001
- Healthy Babies, Healthy Start, Short, (Industrial), Director, 2001Sis
- ters, Feature Film, (Action), Co-Writer, 1993Girls Night Out,
- Feature Film, (Drama), Co-Writer, 1993Marriage of Inconve
- nience, Feature Film, (Romantic Comedy), Writer/Director, 1990
- No Place Like Home, Stage Play, (Drama), Writer, 1988, Miami
- Breakfast, Stage Play, (Experimental), Writer, 1987, Krakow, Poland
- A Day in the Park, (Drama), Writer, 1985, San Francisco
- People, Stage Play, (Experimental), Writer, 1985, San Francisco
- Family’s All Here, Stage Play, (Comedy), Writer/Director, 1984, San Francisco
- “”Revolution American Style” (Novel), Pala Folios, Sept. 2011
- “The Business of Writing Animation” Broadcast & CableSat, Dec. 2008
- “Good Timing” AnimationXpress Print Edition, March 2008
- “Earthlings: The Dream” (Cover Story), Animation Today, Nov. 2007
- “Spinning a Yarn” (Interview), Animation Reporter, Nov. 2007
- The Business of Writing Animation” Animation Today, Nov. 2007
- “Adventure in Writing Animation” Animation Today, Oct. 2007
- “Story, Story: Where’s the Story?” Animation Today, Aug. 2007
- “Let’s Do Earthlings” (Interview), Animation Today, July 2007
- International Digital Emmys 2009 & 2010 – Children & Young People Category
- Frameflixx 2009 (Mumbai, India) – Animation Awards
- Intl. Digital Emmys 2008 (New York), Children’s & Young People Category.
- FICCI Frames 2008 (Mumbai, India) – BAF Animation Awards
- Chitrakathra Animation Film Festival 2007 (Ahmedabad, India)
Markets / Events Attended:
- MIPCOM 2008 (Cannes, France) –participant & director of Opening Night Party video.
- MIP Junior 2008 (Cannes, France) –exhibitor screening the “Earthlings”.
- ABAI Fest 2008 (Bangalore, India) – featured speaker – “Making of Earthlings.”
- MIPTV 2008 (Cannes, France) as attendee and participant in Content 360 activities.
- FICCI Frames 2008 (Mumbai, India) – as jury member for BAF Animation Awards.
- FICCI Digital Animation at Indian Int’l Film Festival 2007 (Goa, India) – Panelist.
- NASSCOM Super Pitch – 2007 (Mumbai, India) – “Earthlings” finalist pitch competition.
- ABAI Fest 2007 (Bangalore, India) – speaker giving Masters Class in writing animation.
- FICCI Frames 2007 (Mumbai, India) – X-Media-Lab mentored by fifteen experts from around the world Shekar Kapur and Matt Costello.
- Manipal Animation, 2009, “Adventures in Writing Animation,” Bangalore, India
- Picasso Animation, 2009, “Adventures in Writing Animation,” Delhi, India
- The Animation Society of India, 2008, “Adventures in Writing Animation,” Mumbai, India
- ABAI Fest, 2007, Masters Class in Storytelling, Bangalore, India
- Toonskool, 2007, “Adventures in Writing Animation,” Mumbai, India
Address: GUSEC, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad 380009
US: +1 (702) 553-3062
India: +91 (909) 611-3241
Email: webresponse (at) planetearthlings (dot) org