- Acting Kindly is both an opportunity to bring joy to others and a way to enjoy interacting with strangers. To make sure it’s fun and safe for everyone here are some pointers…
- Be Polite – Pay attention to the people around you and be courteous. Treat others as you’d want to be treated. If someone doesn’t want to be bothered politely move on. We all get busy or have bad days. Don’t get upset if others don’t want to engage.
- Be Respectful – Different people have different customs…respect them. There are places where playing may not be appropriate…think about it.
- Be Aware – Don’t go places you wouldn’t normally go. Be aware of anything which could be hazardous. If it’s off limits or dangerous it’s not a place to be playing.
- Be Together – Play in teams and stay together. Parents should supervise their children including how and where to play.
- Be Healthy – Acting Kindly is played outside and it takes some energy. Don’t overdo it and take breaks when needed. Also…remember to stay hydrated.
Ideas for Playing “Acting Kindly @School” – Outside School
- Acting Kindly can be played in your neighborhood, at events and out in public. Check “Acting Kindly Safety” on our website at: www.planetearthlings.org/safety.
- Be polite, stay with your teammate and have fun!
- Prepare gifts for Create cards in advance and bring them to distribute when you draw one.
- Write down your planned actions for “Plan” cards.
- Remove or skip the red people cards.